How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes?
Under the eyes the dark discoloration is basically termed as dark circles. It is also known as dark shadows or rings. Your eyes are the main feature on your face and dark circles spoil your beauty. A full night of proper sleep is not enough to erase the dark circles. To get to know, how to get rid of dark circles under eyes, it is very necessary that you should understand the source or why they appear.
There are certain factors which are responsible for the dark circles under eyes. These are genetics, age, and seasonal allergies.
It is the biggest culprit when it comes to dark circles. If you have thin or fair skin under your eyes, it is more likely to get dark circles. Sometimes it happens due to slow circulation of blood from the lack of sleep. This causes leaking and stretching of fragile capillaries and hence increases the dark area under the eyes.
Another big factor is age. Aging causes so many problems in the body. One of the major change is that, over the time, the skin thins down and loses its collagen, which shows the veins, significantly. The best solution for this is sunbathing. Sunbathing accelerates this process by breaking down collagen.
Most of the people blame seasonal allergies for this. A dermatologist Ranella Hirsch in Boston says that seasonal allergies activate the release of histamines in the body, because of which blood vessels ignite and cause swelling.
There is a method by which you can identify the reason or cause, behind your dark circles. You can try this method at home. You just have to stretch the skin under your eyes. If the area under your eyes becomes darker after stretching, then maybe the dark circles are due to aging or genetics. Allergies or UV rays are probably the causes, if the color does not change after stretching.
I have listed out the Top 5 natural ways to get rid of your dark circles:
1. Cool Cucumber:
Cucumbers contain skin lightening properties, because of which it is very helpful in lightening the dark circles. As the cucumber is a cooling agent, it has a refreshing and soothing effect. To diminish the swelling, puffiness and darkness, you should try this technique:
- Cut one fresh cucumber and cut it into thick slices. Refrigerate these slices for at least 30 minutes. Cover the affected area with these slices for 10 minutes. Wash your face with normal water. Repeat this twice a day for some weeks and see the difference.
- There is another method also to use the cucumber. You can mix cucumber juice with lemon juice. Make sure to take both the juices in equal amounts. Apply it on the affected area by using a cotton ball. Keep it for at least 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off completely with normal water. You can also keep it overnight, for best results. Repeat this remedy for some weeks, on a daily basis. You will definitely see some improvement in the first week only.
2. Almond Oil:
For the delicate area under your eyes, it is the best method and natural ingredient. It is basically used for most of the skin problems. If you use it on a daily basis, it will surely fade away the dark circles. Though almond oil is easily available, if you still do not find it somehow, you can also use Vitamin E oil. The technique to apply this is:
- Apply a little amount of almond oil or Vitamin E oil before going to bed.
- Gently massage it onto your skin and leave it for the whole night.
- Wash it with the normal cold water in the morning.
- You can follow this method until the dark area around your eyes disappears. Usually, it shows the effective results in a month of time.
3. Bleaching Tomato:
Tomatoes generally have bleaching properties which lightens the skin and gives you a refreshing effect. You should try this method to remove dark circle under your eyes:
- In one teaspoon of tomato juice, mix at least half teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your dark circles and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it completely. Follow this method twice in a day, for some weeks. If you want to use just the tomato, that will also work. But by mixing it with lemon juice, it shows best results.
- You can also prepare a glass of tomato juice by adding some lemon juice, mint leaves and salt in it. Drink it daily for great results. Make sure you drink it as soon as you prepare it. Do not keep it for a long time. By drinking it twice a day, for some weeks, it will surely give some positive results.
4. Try Something Rosy:
Rose water is always good for the skin. It revives your skin and gives a soothing effect to your eyes. It also works as a great skin toner, as it has mild astringent properties. There is a certain method to use rose water to get rid of dark circles under your eyes. Follow these points:
- Take two cotton eye pads and soak them in the pure rose water, for some minutes.
- Close your eyes and keep the soaked eye pads on your eyelids.
- Leave them, like that, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make sure you follow this remedy twice a day for some weeks.
By repeating this method on a daily basis, you will definitely see the difference on your under eye area.
5. Raw Potato:
Like tomato, it is also a great bleaching agent. It contains natural bleaching agents which help in lightening the dark area under your eyes. It also removes the puffiness around your eyes. You should use this method by following the below-mentioned points:
- Extract the potato juice by grating one or two potatoes. Take two cotton balls and soak them in the juice. Close your eyes completely and keep them over your eyes. Cover your eyelids and eyes properly from the juice. Give some time to the juice to settle down. Keep it over your eyes for around 15 to 20 minutes. Wash your eyes very gently with cold water. Repeat this step daily for around 2 to 3 weeks.
- If you do not have time to extract out the potato juice, you can also use the raw potato slices. But potato juice is better, if you want the best results in the least period of time span.
So, if you want to know how to get rid of dark circles under eyes? Choose that method which you are comfortable with or which will work best for you. Consult your doctor if you are allergic to certain things.