How To Make Your Skin Glow?
As the saying goes that beauty is only skin deep. We think that our skin is only our body’s outer layer, but according to the doctors, skin is considered as an organ. Doctors say that our skin is very much charged and alive with so many important duties.
If we will discuss about it more deeply, you will get to know that your skin is basically the first layer of the immune system. It serves as a shield between you and the viruses or bacteria. Not only this, it also protects your inside layers from scrapes, cuts, sun and moisture. In our day to day life, it is very difficult to keep your skin healthy and glowing. So, here I have listed out five tips on how to make your skin glow? Which you will get to know further in this article.
It is a well known fact that your skin can be ill or healthy like any other part of your internal body. It can be exercised and well nourished. It can also lose its texture with age. As we age, the layer of our skin starts becoming drier and thinner. Some unpleasant things like age spots, wrinkles and dark circles also happen to your skin.
We know, we cannot control our age, but we can control these factors that accelerate this ageing process. You can start with simple steps like stopping poor dietary habits, exposure to sunlight should be less, cutting off cigarette smoking and stress.
To keep your skin healthy and glowing, make sure you use fewer chemicals or chemical products on your skin. Try to keep it as natural as possible. Five most effective ways are:
1. Scrub & Moisturise:
By moisturizing your skin, you will get a refreshing effect. Scrub is a great exfoliator which cleans your skin properly and gives your skin the extra glow. Some tips on using scrubs and moisturizers are:
- To cleanse your skin, always use a mild exfoliator. After using it, you should pat it to dry completely.
- Before applying the pack, make sure you remove all the layers of make-up.
- Take a pack of honey and fullers earth. Apply it over your face and leave it like that for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- After some time, as the pack dries, use a little water and make it wet again. Now scrub your face slowly by massaging for at least two to four minutes.
- Use cold water to rinse it off completely.
- Pat dry and use a very thin layer of your night cream, it will work as a moisturizer that moisturizes your skin.
- It is very necessary that you clean up your face with a mild exfoliator in the morning. Wash it with normal water and let it settle down on your skin. Do not use exfoliator for the night.
If you want the best results, you can use the honey pack again after the exfoliation. It will give your skin an extra glow.
2. Do Not Forget Your Eyes:
As we know that your eyes are the main feature of your face. As you get the glow on your face, make sure you will not forget the eyes. Lack of sleep and constant exposure to computers can lead to dark circles under your eyes. To take care of your eyes, try to follow these simple yet effective ways:
- It is very necessary that you hydrate the skin around your eyes as you sleep. You can use a good eye contour gel according to your skin type.
- People generally do not take it seriously, but by using an eye mask to cover your eyes while sleeping is a great way to protect yourself from the eye problems.
- It is a myth that hot water is good for the skin. You should always use normal cold water to wash your eyes when you get up.
Not only your dark circles will lighten to a certain level, but also your eyes will look soothing and fresh.
3. Go Milky:
It is a wonderful way to get a glowing skin. Milk has so many natural properties which will not only moisturize your skin, but will also keep it healthy. There is an effective way to use milk perfectly on your skin:
- Take some low fat milk and apply a thin layer of it on your face.
- Gently massage it on your face, in upward direction.
- Keep massaging till the milk gets absorbed completely by your skin.
- Leave it overnight and rinse it off with a mild face wash in the morning.
The reason, why you should always leave it overnight, is that it nourishes your skin and helps you to get a glowing skin.
4. The Sesame and Rice Scrub:
It is the simplest method and the most effective of all. It gives you a two in one effect. The sesame moisturizes and nourishes your skin and on the other hand rice grains exfoliate it gently. You should follow these steps so that you will use it in a correct manner:
- Firstly, you have to soak the equal amount of sesame seeds and rice. Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, grind it very finely to make a scrub.
- Apply it all over your face and body and scrub it for around two to three minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal cold water and pat dry.
It is a perfect polish for your face and body. Use it regularly and notice the difference in a week’s time.
5. Face Oils:
It nourishes the skin but make sure you use it according to your skin type. To be on the safe side, use pure ayurvedic products, as they do not contain any kind of chemicals. It will be good, if you will consult a doctor about your skin type before using any products on your skin. If you have a dry skin, you can leave face oils overnight on your face and rinse it off gently in the morning. For normal skin, make sure you will not keep it for more than one hour on your face. Wash your face with a mild scrub and pat dry. Face oils are generally good for a glowing complexion and clear skin.
So, if you want to know how to make your skin glow? Do not forget to pick up any one method from the list of five, to get a healthy glowing skin. Make sure you consult your dermatologist about your skin type because sometimes people are allergic to certain products.